Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Cottage ..Two Cottage..Three Cottage ..Four

I have been working off island  on a design  project that is very traditional( kinda.. sorta). I have been wearing my interior designer "hat" and working on granite counter top choices.,cabinet styles, floor plans, lighting upgrades and colors selections  . It is miles from the cottages of Tybee Island in distance AND  in size and it has made me aware how unique cottages really are in the world today. The client and the builder have never been to any of the cottage so I am definitely sending them an ticket for the fundraiser.
On my drives back and forth to the job,I am  planning the fluffing of the cottages....what to do and when to do it....
I made up a silly poem
One cottage..two cottage... three cottage...four
It time to get ready for the cottage tour.....
 (sitting at too many stop lights.)

 I think cottages have a special quality and they evoke an energy that is simple and inviting.
a friend of mine gave me this great piece of block art
 Each one has a different story to tell.  Some can be rented for vacations and some are personal homes. One of the cottages is owned by our favorite famous author... the wonderful and talented Mary Kay Andrews. www.marykayandrews.com. Mary Kay has a new E book coming out.( I wish I had an Ipad or Kindle) . She is fun and funny and I am so grateful she is sharing her amazing cottage. She named it Tybee Breeze after one of her novels  (Savannah Breeze one of my favorites).It is a Mermaid Cottages vacation rental www.Mermaidcottages.com and it is yummy!!!
Remember the magazine Cottage Living? I still miss it and I think it captured the style of living "Cottage". (My new term I just made up)It is relaxed and casual and happy ....Not perfect, but perfection.
 A few cottage elements...

soothing colors

happy colors



relaxed living

colorful living

porch colors


lots of color

a bit of color



serious color





not serious at all

seriously elegant



seriously different


serious cottage transportation

www.tybeefun.com is the link about the Jane Coslick Cottages Holiday  Tour details. Please share and pass the word. It is a worthy cause ... a low cost spay and neuter clinic.. an investment in a better life for the dog and cats ..check it out  and come join in the fun.



3 comments:

Kathi said...

I love them all! Seriously. :D

Melanie said...

Wish I were close enough to go on the tour.....

Shelley said...

lOVE THE ELECTRA BIKE... WHEN I BOUGHT MINE IT WAS HARD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE GREEN ONE AND THE PINK WITH HEARTS... CHOSE THE PINK.. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM BOTH! i TOO WISH I WAS CLOSER SO I COULD GO ON THE TOUR! LOVE YOUR HAPPY COLOR LIFE.