Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Emmaline's Birthday Surprise!!!!!




Anna called me to help create a birthday surprise for her niece's 13th birthday. She painted an old sleigh bed the color of her favorite scarf



The guys brought the bed and mattress up stair to what had been an empty off white bedroom...walls and carpet.................

She want to create a fun bedroom ( we had three hours) for Emmaline as a surprise. Of course she had IRONED the beautiful white sheets and pillow cases and the room had the beginnings of  her magic.
Her other inspirations were 2 beach house blue pom pom euro shams, a fun sock monkey with polka dots and stripes and a yellow green fan. I walked in with a green scarf and and an eggplant jacket on and  I was perfect for the room.....color...color ... and more color!!!!!


the soft freshly ironed sheets................

Anna knows I am ALWAYS up for creating fun and happy spaces. (especially for a surprise)  We had such fun making this room for Emmaline. We took off to my storage unit and my office to pull and dig and grab some pieces for the room.
The Isle of Hope table, The Jellyfish Table, and The Luscious Little Table from  my on line store janecoslick.myshopify.com were thrilled to be included. Some of my "I dont know why I love this piece so much" storage unit treasures together with  things we pulled and grabbed and pondered (for 10 seconds or less) filled Anna's car and my truck.

the monkey looks thrilled at his  seat on the new pillows ..............

a vintage piece of string art (a gift from one of Anna's friends) had all of the colors plus some....................

The Luscious Little table in key lime parrot green and some art from the wall of the office...pondering fabric but a wee bit short on time...............
the monkey likes it here too!!!
a funky shot across the bed into the sitting nook
the jelly fish table in beach house blue worked great with the shams
Looks like we succeeded in creating a " Happy Place" for the birthday surprise................................

Even the pup seemed to like the room..............
a visitor feels right at home.....

she also dressed for the space...............

Happy Birthday Emmaline!!!!!!!!!!



A good time was had by all!!!!!!!


9 comments:

Katy said...

looove that sock monkey, and the owl lamp too! Happy Birthday Emmaline

Denise said...

Love it all. The bed and color are wonderful. The chairs art work. Beautiful and so fun.

jmac said...

wish I had an "Aunt Jane"!!!! How fun it would be to live closeby and benefit from all your beachy craziness!!!! Room is too cool for school!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the furniture and little surprises all wrapped up in this wonderful vivacious room. Thank you so much ms. Jane and aunt Anna I love it and can't wait to see you two again!
Emmaline

Anonymous said...

I love the wonderful little colorful and vivacious room that I stepped foot in sunday. It was a great surprise for me and I love every little piece in there. I would like to thank the wonderful and creative Ms. Jane and my loving aunt anna! I can't wait to see you both again!
Emmaline

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

I love it all, especially the sitting nook - you have such a way with colour Jane!

nannykim said...

Love all of it--esp the monkey!

Roberta said...

OMG...I love this room...the bed and chair colors are to die for! I think that you need a copy of my artwork from this week for this room ;} Oh boy I hope that doesn't sound too vain...it's just that the colors and the saying just go so well ;}
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com/love_shack_studio/2012/01/joy-rising-in-the-studio.html

BeachGypsy said...

Happy 13th birthday MIss Emmaline!! from Debbis Front Porch!!
Love your new bright and beautiful room!! ENJOY!!