Friday, August 5, 2011

One Great Day to Share.........................

It was a very hot day and I rode out to a project to see what treasures could be moved to a wonderful( but tired) old beach house ..some serious fluffing needed..nothing "new" allowed.
I was "picking" some unused pieces to paint and take to the Tybee House.
We search under over  around and through the amazing old home..It was great....
 There was even an old wooden boat( under the house) that I am still pondering!!!!!
Long story short...it was a great experience and I will never forget this day.



SHARING.............
how beautiful are the details
the front


the back porch

And could I have planned out this day any better?....................... Definitely not!
The power and beauty of the water................
what began as a "JOB" turned out to be a very special moment in time!!!!!!!




This tree took my breathe away( and I knew who planted it).... When it cools off let's all go plant a tree.!

octopus limbs.......

..................and I'm in heaven!!!!


as we are leaving I see the old fence and gates

old brick and wrougth iron

how cool is this OLD brick post

OLD brick fences.. how wonderful
I am celebrating the OLD!( because this month I will be!!!!) 
I was raised to appreciate people and things.
 It is not about having money or what money can buy but is about taking a look around you and appreciating what you have .
 I think the blog does just that .It is sharing what we love about our lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. the next generation can stripe the paint

11 comments:

Simple Daisy said...

I love this post!! That's so true....life isn't about material posssions!! It's about having an open heart for all the beauty that passes by us in a day:):) That house....the tree...it's all amazing! You are such an inspiration!!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

whoa! This house and grounds are awesome. Love the old fence. So much history. I want to see the inside !!

Desert Dreaming said...

Just a precious post. The house reminds me so much of one my Aunt and Uncle had so many years ago when they first moved to Florida. To me, it was the typical beach home. That picture just brought back some beautiful memories for me. And you are so right, it's not about money or material things we can purchase in life, it's about what we make out of it, and the beauty we can see in some of the most simply things. Just like, how many of us will walk down a shoreline and find a unique shell, and be more thrilled with our find, than we if we had gone to the mall and spent a small fortune on something...doesn't mean the same or feel the same. Love the old brick, just priceless beauty.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Joni

Ms. Bake-it said...

What a fabulous post! The house and grounds are beautiful! I just wanted to step through the monitor and explore further. What an awesome fence. Love the tree.

No, it is not about the money or what money can buy, it is actually seeing and enjoying the beauty around you and appreciating what you have. I love life's simple pleasures and no matter where you look, you will find them.

~ Tracy

Passionate for White said...

I would love to see the inside....

Kara said...

Great post - and I totally agree. :)

Beautiful photos.

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

What a marvellous, marvellous house - I think tonight I'll dream about that tree...

Ronnie said...

Thanks, Jane. Your blog brings me joy.

Unknown said...

For me it was a perfect place especially for vacation and relaxing, it was very fabulous and breathtaking. The tree was incredible, I like it. It was a great post. Thank you and keep sharing cool blogs.



condo manila

Seaside Style said...

I love these images so beautiful Well done! There is an ward waiting for you at my blog Jane.

Linda

Arabella said...

It is so fabulous, Jane!! The brick fence is especially wonderful as is the "octopus" tree :O)

Hope you're having a lovely week.

Hugs,
Marie