Friday, December 3, 2010

New Project..New Bellamy painting.. New colors for a Condo

I have a new job....
I am putting a new face on an old condo. I have to admit, I have never been a fan of condos because usually fabulous old buildings have been torn down to make way for the giant condominium. I am a "window freak" and condos don't have many windows. They do have sliding glass doors with a view of the clients yatch so "Hey" ,"I am up for the challenge!"
First thing,... gone are the gold framed prints,  dark green sofa and ruffled lamp shades.. No unlimited budget but budget for a few great pieces of furniture, throw pillows and real art.
Second thing.. off to Bellamy's studio for some laughter and creating a new look for these special clients. I had a few great old pieces of furniture with lots of patina and character and 3 throw pillow that would add so much to this normal place.( I actually saw the same pillows in Elle Decor's Show house in two wing chairs.)
I wanted to create a color pallet that was unique and uplifting ,and when I saw the Crab painting that Bellamy had just finished, I was thrilled.
The new, the old, and that element of surprise.
I am waiting on the delivery of the neutral slip covered sectional sofa and the wild and crazy mix of throw pillow, lamps and end tables.
Hopefully, by the 15th of December  the condo will ready for photos and ready for a visit from Santa Claus. Hope he brings a new headboard for the Master bed room and a great piece of art for over the sofa and the zinc chest from Restoration Hardware for the master bedroom  and...and ...and
 
                            TURQUOISE, CITRON, GREEN AND A SPLASH OF ORANGE
 

4 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ooooh. Love me some of that Bellamy painting...and sail pillows!

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Awesome! Love the Crab painting!!

Kara said...

I can't wait to see the end result.

Kathi said...

I second what Linda said! Love what you're doing here. Can't wait to see more!