Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Small but Comfortable Sofa

The secret to furnishing a true-to-size cottage is SIZE! There's only space for things that are comfortable and don't take up much room! You'll need space for small book cases for wonderful books or to display your personal treasures (I just happen to carry two such bookcases on the online store--www.janecoslickcottagecollection.com).

Smaller size end tables or maybe a chest to hold place mats, napkins, or overflow from any other part of the house. Small trunks also make nice coffee tables while providing storage at the same time ( I also just happen to carry these things on the store but they aren't up yet).

Comfortable beds and night stands with storage (also on JCCC). Comfortable dining chairs that can double as extra seating in the living room. Old chairs that can be slip covered are always a favorite of mine. Last, but most important of all is the art on the wall.....( Yes, you guessed it...some of it is on the store and some is still in the creative brain of our artists and coming soon to the store).

Here I am shopping in Charleston for a comfortable sofa. Anna and I escaped for the day to see what could be loaded in the truck and driven (between rain drops) back to the beach.

Next: Accessories! The "icing on the cake" as far as I am concerned!

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, I love Charleston and that sofa looks nice and comfy.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Cozy looking....but somewhat petite! Perfect!

Unknown said...

my daughter and son-n-law just moved into a new home and their furniture doesn't "fit". What a beautiful sofa! It would be perfect!

Vintage Remixed said...

Hello Hot Mama!! You are looking fab in this photo. I can't wait to see what you've added to your shop. I'm telling everyone I know to check it out.

Oh how I miss Charleston. That's where my hubby and I spent our honeymoon almost two years ago. It must be nice to just be a couple of hours away from Charleston and live at Tybee. You live the life my friend.

Oh and I'm going to return your e-mail soon I promise. :-)

Hugs,
Crystal

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Cozy looking sofa.

Eileen said...

Does this sofa have a name and where can it be purchased?