Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Special Cottage (The After)

 

I restored the cottage and painted the interior walls white. It had the original hardware and great interior details. The pocket windows on the left side of the door had been covered up during what I like to call a "remuddle" and to my surprise, there they were, just waiting to be opened. I painted it happy beach colors and added glass to the top 2 panels of the front door to bring in additional light.
I doubled the size of the cottage by adding a large screen porch that could be additional living space if ever needed.
It was photographed by the amazing Richard Leo Johnson and featured in the May/June 2007 of the gone-but-not-forgotten COTTAGE LIVING Magazine.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Beautiful little house! Love the screen porch addition. I could move right in!